Borrow artwork for up to three months. Choose from a selection of artworks by local Nashville artists. The collection includes framed paintings, photographs, and mixed media. After three months, bring artwork back and borrow a different piece.
Metro Arts Lending Library Collection
How it Works
Find and Reserve
- Locate an artwork listed in the library catalog.
- To reserve it, place a hold on the item.
- Checkout Period: 3 months.
- Renewals: 1 allowed.
- Pick up artwork in-person at the owning branch library (Madison or Southeast); art will not be delivered to other branches.
- Checkout Limit: You may borrow one artwork per library card at a time.
- When you check out an artwork, the library will provide you with a case to protect it during transport.
- Each artwork includes a hook or wire on the back, for hanging. A nail should be enough, if you wish to hang it. Alternately, securely lean the artwork on any shelf, table, or mantel.
- Return artwork to the library circulation desk of the same location you borrowed it from. So, if you borrowed from Southeast, please return to Southeast. Artwork must be returned during library open hours.
- Artwork should never be inserted into or left by a book drop.
- If you do not return art, the replacement charge is $50. Fee is levied one month past the due date.
Artwork not for Sale
You may not purchase the artwork. It is property of Metro Arts, for all of Nashville to enjoy. However, now that you have checked out this artwork, you have also discovered a new local artist. You now have the opportunity to become a patron and purchase directly from the artist. See each artwork’s description in the Metro Arts Lending Library Collection gallery for a link to the artist's website or gallery representation.
Brought to you by Metro Arts
Metro Arts’ vision is that every Nashvillian should have access to a creative life, and few places are more accessible than our city’s public libraries. Metro Arts launched the collection summer 2021 as a partnership with Nashville Public Library, established with the goals of expanding access to arts for all Nashvillians while providing direct support to local artists. Sixty original artworks from Nashville-area artists are available for anyone with a Nashville Public Library card to check out at Nashville Public Library’s Madison and Southeast branch libraries.